Based on Decision No 531/QĐ-VHTT&DL dated 30th June 2009 the Hanoi Department for Cultures, Sports and Tourism (currently Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports) specifies the functions, duties and organizational structure of the Center for Cultural and Scientific Activities Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam as listed below:
The Center for Cultural and Scientific Activities Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam is a civil service unit that receives revenues and assumes the duties of managing the vestige Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam; organizes scientific and cultural activities, the welcoming of visitors and the provision of guided tours when they visit the vestige.
- Submitting the long term master plans of the Director of the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports, Hanoi People’s Committee for the operation of and modes of carrying out these plans after approval.
- Organizing the selection of documents, items on the history of the Center for Cultural and Scientific Activities Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam;
- Studying the history of the vestige in accordance with the functions and duties through documents and exhibits of the Center;
- Inventorying, preserving, playing, introducing documents, exhibits about the vestige in accordance with the assigned functions and duties;
- Providing guided tours to visitors and services to researchers both at home and abroad, implementing different modes of propagandizing, education about the tradition of examinations of Thang Long – Hanoi through documents and exhibits at the Center;
- Studying and applying advanced technology and science to the activities of the restoration of the vestige Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam;
- Welcoming documents and exhibits which concern the vestige Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam from organizations and individuals offered to the Center or to have them kept at the vestige in accordance with the law;
- Implementing the activities of transferring and receiving documents and exhibits in accordance with the regulations; Providing copies of relics, antiquities and precious objects in accordance with the assigned functions and duties and the law;
- Receiving international delegations who visit the vestige and conduct research at the site according to the plans of the Hanoi people’s Committee and those of the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports;
- Organizing seminars, conferences, activities of scientific research about Confucianism, scholars, examinations… in accordance with the functions and duties of the unit;
- Providing cultural services in accordance with the functions and duties of the Center and the law;
- Managing the organizational structure, personnel, human resources; Complying policies, regulations with staff and laborers in accordance with state regulations and the decentralization of the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports;
- The management and use of finance, assets allotted and other revenue sources in accordance with the law;
- Implementing other duties assigned by the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports;